I am at the laptop everyday working on my manuscript for a children’s book. The keys are popping at a steady rhythm and I have a cigar perched at hand; lusty swirls of truculent smoke shaped like gargoyles and ghosts fade away. And I come up with ideas for many other Children’s books. Not wanting to be anymore distracted from my current project, I jot down some notes and a title for the new inspirations. Some are keepers others are rejected.
Here are some of my rejected title ideas for Children’s books-
(1) Sleep Over Fun: Walking On Hot Coals and Tribal Scarring
(2) Vegetables Are Death!
(3) Smell This!
(4) Sushi Jewelry: Making Mom An Earring With A Fish Hook And A Raw Oyster
(5) Parasites and Pajamas
(6) Gay-dar Alert!
(7) The Complete Jane Austen With Emoticons
(8) Mom vs. Dad, the Cialis Monster
(9) The Rules for Table Top Scab Hockey
(10) Lights Out! -How I Got A Concussion When I Told Momma To “Talk To the Hand”
(11) OMG! My Sweater Was Inside Out When I Got Home! -The Text Messages from My Older Sister’s iPhone
(12) Diary of a Brooding kid with 100 rounds of 9mm ammo
(13) The Stick Shift -The Teenage Girl Driver’s Nightmare
(14) Superheroes Don’t Use Math
(15) What’s In The Medicine Cabinet?
(16) Easy Kill -Why Demons Hide In Your Bedroom